Saturday, March 14, 2015

Gabriel Knight Sin of Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition Review



Hello everyone, today I'm going to be talking about Gabriel Knight Sin of Fathers.  Now I played the 20th Anniversary Edition instead of the original version in 1993, the new version has updated graphics, music, and characters, but it still has the same storyline. This game was written by the fabulous Jane Jensen, who also re-mastered by her and her company Pinkerton Road Studio.

There’s more information about the game in the first paragraph down below.
Sins of the Fathers follows the eponymous Gabriel Knight, owner of a rare book store and fledgling writer, as he investigates a series of local murders he plans to use as the basis for his new novel.

Now this is not the first time I've played a Jane Jensen Game, I have played two other of her games and I have to say that this game is one of the most interesting games that I have played for a while. The graphics were amazing and drawn very well, they reminded me of the style of the characters for the Sims 4, for them being close to a real life look and a yet they still have that small amount of an cartoony look. I loved the comments Gabriel made for specific characters and objects and the flow of the game. There were a few times the walkthrough was looked at for specific things, but nothing too hard.

Now the game has a hint system build into it so you could look at the hits in there.  The points in the corner of the screen told me how much of the game I had left before the end, but I think they were for looking at specific things, completing puzzles, or both.
I had also heard that there were some problems with the game where graphics are concerned; I had none of these problems.

If you played it on a 2013 Mac then, there should be no problem (I played it on a 2013 Mac with all updates completed).  If you, however, played it on a PC then make sure all you graphics drives have enough space on your video drives as well. I do not know this for a fact, but that is my guess, make sure your graphics card had can process the graphics in the game and you have a computer as new as 2007 or newer, now this problem might have been fixed by now so I wouldn't worry about it.

Now I give this game a 10/10 review because of the storyline, graphics, voice actors, and the overall game itself. If you want to get a copy of this game then, you can go to Phoenix Online Studio to get your own copy of the game, it's for a download on PC and Mac (You get both when you purchase).

Thank you everyone for read my review. Hopefully after the May time frame my review will become more regular. I will try to write another one this week and post it within the next week or two.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment