Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day Gift Idea's




Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads in the world.  I was going to post a few ideas for Father’s Day but, I got kind of busy.  So if you need a few ideas for today then here are a few ideas.

I’ve been planning on what I should get for my Dad for a while now, since buy him anything is impossible I have decided to be creative this year and give him and IOU or in other words, “I couldn’t think of a gift to buy you so you stuck with this.”  Well maybe not exactly that but, more of, “You have to come up with an outing for us all to go on as a gift (Spending time with the Family).”  Now if you have this same problem with your Dad then do this.  It makes gift giving very easy, remember to explain what the IOU stands for though incase he’s confused.  If there is anything specific that you Dad likes or has a hobby for then get that, if he likes fishing then get him something for fishing, whether it’s a fishing pole, net, or a hat.  Whatever it is he will love it, because it came from who ever is giving it to him.  (I gave him an IOU and he though it was very creative (He then also asked me whether it was really hard to get him a gift.  Yes it was because I have gotten him basically everything I could think of), you can also be creative and change the IOU to maybe a fun outing that you have already planned.)

I have also decided to make cupcakes.  I am making these for two reason: One he will eat anything sweet that I make for him (He also make the joke that I’m going to make him fat if I keep making too sweets but, that will never happen), Two his birthday was before Father’s Day and he was gone.  So, I’m making it a Happy Birthday/ Father’s Day cupcakes.  Now here are some tips if you decide to do the same thing for the cupcakes.

  • Bake with the paper cups.  It’s easier to clean up then having to scrub the pan forever.
  • If you put the frosting on by hand then take at serrated edge knife and cut a bit of the top off first.  I would first let them cool off and then do this.  You will get better results by doing it that way.
  • If you are putting the frosting on with a piping tube then you don’t have to cut the top of the cupcake off, but I would still let them cool before you put the frosting on.
  • If you don’t have a piping bag then you can create one with parchment paper or use a plastic bag.  I would suggest you use the plastic bag since all you would really need to do it fill a bag with frosting and cut one of the corners of the bag and there you go, your very own piping bag.
    • If you want to try a fanny design then you will have to buy one.  You should find some at your local grocery store like Wal-Mart or Target.  They also have ones with premade frosting.  If you can’t find the one you looking for then you could go to JoAnn’s Fabrics, Michaels, or from an online store.  These are all great places to find one.
  • And my finally tip is to use butter cream frosting it will hold it shape and still look pretty after a few days.  Remember that you still need to keep them cool so that the frosting and cake do not spoil.
  • I am not a professional cook or chief in anyway.  I rarely bake or cook anything extravagant.  So if you’re a beginner then this should work for you since I am also a beginner as well.  I’m using the Hershey’s Triple Layer Chocolate Hot Fudge Cake with a butter cream frosting from Cookies Cupcakes and Cardio.  There both very easy to make and really delicious.



Thanks for reading this post.  I know that it isn’t one of my normal posts, but I’ve become busy again and haven’t finished playing the games I have scheduled.  I will try to get them done as fast at I can without delay but, it will take time to complete.

I had also written this post a few days ago but forgot to post it.  I hope it helps you come up with a great Father’s Day gift or idea.

Until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment