Friday, November 13, 2015

Friday The 13th Facts


Happy Friday the 13th everyone!  As you all know, Friday the 13th has always been a sign of bad luck and for the longest time I thought it was bad luck, but as I’ve gotten older I’ve realized that Friday the 13th isn’t bad luck, but good luck, well for me anyway.  Here are a few facts about Friday the 13th and what other thought of it.


1.    Ancient Chinese and Egyptians thought of 13 as a lucky number.
2.    Black cat are considered bad luck. ( Not true for me.)
3.    Some people have fears for Friday the 13th called friggatriskaidekaphobia or paraskevidekatriaphobia.
4.    There is at least 1 Friday the 13th every year but it cannot happen more than 3 consecutive times a year.
5.    Only a few are unlucky and the rest are fine, some even consider Friday the 13th lucky.
6.    Many buildings do not have a 13th floor or room number with 13 in it because of this fear of the number 13.
7.    The moon cycles around 13 times in one year.
8.    Witch covens often have 13 members, the 13th member being the High Priestess or Priest.
9.    The rune called Eiwaz is the 13th rune and it represents the balance point between the light and dark.  It has been know to signify death and eternal life.
10. In the US $1 dollar bill the pyramid has 13 levels, 13 stars, 13 arrows, 13 stripes, 13 leaves, and 13 olives.  Also in the beginning of America there was the original 13 colonies.
11. In a tarot deck, the 13th card is Death.  Though death is rarely interpreted as dying, it has been further perceived as unlucky.  The 13th card in the deck actually is a symbol for change.
12. The number 13 has been signifies women and Goddess, Friday is also associated with Venus, this shows that Friday the 13th is a very good day for women.

13. And the final one is; Bad things only happen on Friday the 13th because you more paranoid than normal.  If you believe something will happen on Friday the 13th then it is more likely to happen.

That was my 13 facts about Friday the 13th.  Thank you so much for reading everyone.  I have fun finding 12 of these facts.  The 13th fact I have known for a very long time.  When I was nervous about Friday the 13th I would notice that more things would go wrong than normal, but as I got older I realized that my paranoia only brought the bad luck out.

Until next time,



No comments:

Post a Comment