This year I have decided to decorate a Christmas cake. Normally I just make a box cake, but now I want to try to make it from scratch. I finally found one that turns out white and still tastes great. A few of the recipes I found wanted you to add almond extract, which I have found out that I do not like after using it in the first cake I tried to make. I have now found one that does not have almond extract. You can find the cake recipe here if you want to go check it out.
For this cake you will need:
- · 1 cup milk
- · 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- · 1 cup butter, softened
- · 2 cups sugar
- · 3 cups cake flour
- · 1 tablespoon baking powder
- · 5 egg whites
- · Frosting
“ 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 3 (8-inch) round cake pans; line bottoms with parchment paper, and grease and flour paper.
2. Stir together milk and vanilla.
3. Beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Sift together flour and baking powder; add to butter mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
4. Beat egg whites at medium speed until stiff peaks form; gently fold into batter. Pour batter into prepared pans.
5. Bake at 350° for 20 to 23 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks; discard parchment paper. Cool completely (about 40 minutes).
6. Spread Vanilla Buttercream Frosting between layers (about 1 cup per layer) and on top and sides of cake.”
I just loved this cake! The texture and sponginess of the cake was just right, it was as if I just bought it at the bakery. There was, however, a little bit too much sugar in it so when I make it again I will use either a ½ or 1 cup less sugar.
Thank you everyone for reading. Tell me what you think of the cake in the comments down below and don’t forget to follow me for update.
Until next time,