Friday, July 22, 2016

Russian Pipping Tips Review


Here a little while ago, I bought a set of Russian Piping tips and ‘Oh my, I’m in love’!  I love to bake, as many of you know, but my favorite thing about baking is making the pretty designs using frosting.  Soon, I will be making a Jumbo cupcake for a birthday (shhh … don’t tell anyone I told you) and I wanted some new design ideas for this cake.  Just as I was about to go to checkout at Amazon with my Jumbo silicon mold of a cupcake, I saw these beauties as a recommendation.


This is only a small set of the Russian tips and there are many more where that came from, but for now these are the only ones I own.  This set comes with 11 different tips, one of them being a multi-color frosting dispenser.  You will get all of these pieces in a small cylinder with each tip wrapped individually.

Every good baker knows that when they have a frosting tip they don’t know how to use, look up the best ways to use them online, in my case, on YouTube.  After watching about 3 to 4 videos, I new exactly what I needed to do to make my cupcakes look amazing.  I made mine white with some green leaves and they are the cutest things ever!


Heres my design using one of the tips from the Russian piping tip.


Here’s a little video about how each pipe is used.

I have tried a majority of them out and I have come to one conclusion, your frosting needs to be thicker than normal.  It can be any frosting recipe you want.  I used a simple butter cream frosting and added 1 tablespoon of Crisco/shortening to the mix.  This gave the flowers the ability to hold their shape and not melt into a puddle of warm gooey frosting. 


Thank you for reading everyone!  If you want to purchase your own set of these piping tips then you can check them out at Amazon and add them to your collection.


Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment