Friday, January 30, 2015

The Raven Legacy of a Master Thief


Hello everyone (or should I say, "Hallo an alle") this week I'm going to be talking about a German game called, The Raven-Legacy of a Master Thief This game is in three different chapters so I'm going to split each chapter into three different posts.  I have only played the game once so this is my perspective the first time after playing it.

There’s more information about the game in the first paragraph down below.
"The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief' is a thrilling crime adventure in three chapters from the creators of 'The Book of Unwritten Tales'. Full of twists and turns, it immerses you in both sides of the story, combining thrill-of-the-chase whodunit with the risk and reward of a heist story. Paris, 1960."

Now in the first chapter you get to play Constable Anton Jakob Zellner while riding the Orient Express (Reminds me of Agatha Christie: Murder on the Orient Express) and for the beginning and the rest on a cruise ship.  Now, most of the game you have to go around and click on everything you see and talk to everyone aboard the train while also investigating the train.  This took me about 6 to 8 hours to get through with a bit of cheating. In the game there's a hint system in the game, which is the only thing that I disliked about the game. You have to pay points (the point in the game) to get any of these cheats.  I normally have difficulty finding items in many of the games I play so the button to show me the hidden object come in handy for me in a lot of games.  This game made it very difficult for me to use the inside helps system so I had to go to the web a few times so I wouldn't spend all my points.  Some of the storyline in the game was confusing and did not make sense at times during the chapter.  At some time the story did make sense, but only a few times during the first chapter.

The game graphics were fantastic, but you needed a system processor newer that 2007 Dell model, anything computer model from maybe a 2010 to now should work, I don't know for sure.  The voice acting in the game was every-well done, and it sounded natural as if it wasn't just recorded.  There were also some glitches with the characters walking.  The characters would start to freeze and you would either wait for them to jump to the spot you clicked, try to move them to a different spot, or shut the game down entirely and reopen it from where you last saved.  Now I never had to go to the far of length of shutting the game down, but depending on the computer you use you might have to.  The first chapter of the game was really fun and had you really think, I have to give this first chapter of the game a 7/10.  I'm giving the first chapter a seven out of ten rating due to the cheat system, the errors with the characters walking, and some of the storyline not making any sense.  Now this only for the first chapter I will give a full grade of the game in the final chapter.

Thanks for reading everyone. Sorry if I did not post it within the two week time frame, life got busy for me. Down below is where I got the game information from; you can also buy it there or some other website (I got mine from Amazon).

No comments:

Post a Comment