Thursday, July 9, 2015

Active Worlds Review



Hello everyone.  Today I’m going to review the online virtual world game Active Worlds.  I normally don’t play these, but I know someone who plays it.  So, I thought I would give it a try.  The information in the quotes is not my words they are copied from the Wikipedia website.



Active Worlds is an online virtual world, developed by ActiveWorlds Inc., a company based in Newburyport, MA, and launched on June 28, 1995. Users assign themselves a name, log into the Active Worlds universe, and explore 3D virtual worlds and environments that others have built. ActiveWorlds allows users to own worlds and universes, and develop custom 3D content. The browser has web browsing capabilities, voice chat, and basic instant messaging.

I am normally not into programs like this, but this one I have known for a very long time from a friend.  All you have to do is download a program and install it.  Create an account and then you’re connected to other players.  I mostly go and look at world other people have built.  I might chat with some of the people in the program, but I’m not very talkative.  The building in the world is also very difficult.  Now I have not tried to build myself, buts very hard from what I have heard.

If this sounds like a program you will like then, go for it.  The program can be used on Windows, MAC, and Linux.  If you want maybe you will see me on there.  However, I will be under a different name (A.K.A.  I will not be login in as Games Review or anything like that.).

Thanks for reading.  I will be on every so often to try and figure out the program a bit more.  I hope you enjoy the program.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment