Wednesday, July 29, 2015

High Society K-Drama Review


Today I’m going to review the K-drama High Society (a.k.a The Privileged).  This show aired from June 8, 2015 to July 28, 2015. 
 
Jang Yoon-ha is the youngest daughter of a chaebol family. Despite her wealth, she works part-time at a food market and hides her true identity as an heiress because all she truly wants is to find a man who'll love her for herself and not her money.
Choi Joon-ki grew up in extreme poverty, and has a huge chip on his shoulder about his poor parents being belittled. Now working as a middle manager for a conglomerate, Joon-ki is smart and talented but also jaded and calculating, believing that love is a luxury only for the wealthy.



For anyone who is wondering, I am not Korean, and I don't speak Korean.  I just love watching k-dramas with English subtitles.  Back to the topic at hand, I think this drama was pretty good except for a few things.  I felt the relationship between Yoon-ha and Joon-ki was moving too fast, it felt like they were first liking each other, and flirting with each other in one episode to then being in a relationship the next.  I feel if this was slowed down, then it would have been better.  The relationship between Chang-soo and Ji-yi was a little bit better.  It was a bit slower that Yoon Ha and Joon Ki, but still, it moved pretty fast.

After they created the rift between the characters, it made the two women cold hearted and the men soft and vulnerable.  I thought it was kind of funny for the personality swap.  The storyline of how everyone in Yoon Ha's family disliked her was kind of sad.  It was also a little much, if you ask me.  There's one thing when you say they don't get along, but having the mother hate her own daughter was too much.  They should have made it that she didn't like her daughter's decisions, not Yoon Ha all together.  They probably could have taken this in a different direction than having her mother hate her own daughter and like the rest of her children.

Over all I have to give this show an 8/10.  Though the ending was kind of predictable, I still like watching it and I would recommend to anyone who likes the Romance, Melodrama would like it.

Thank you for reading my thoughts on the K-drama.  I love watching the show and I will definitely write a new review for another show some time in the future.

Until next time,




No comments:

Post a Comment