Saturday, December 19, 2015

Rolled Out Sugar Cookie Recipe


Since it is getting closer to Christmas I wanted to share with you my sugar cookie recipe.  I have always had trouble rolling out my cookies and having them keep their shape since they seem to bake into a blob.  I now have a recipe that works really well.
You will need:

  • ·      1 ½ cups of butter
  • ·      2 Cups of white sugar
  • ·      4 eggs
  • ·      1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • ·      5 cups of all purpose flour
  • ·      2 teaspoons of baking powder
  • ·      1 teaspoon of salt



1.  In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
2.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
3.  Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.



These worked out really well.  I would suggest that you roll the dough out as flat as you can to get the best cookie and cook all the dough at once  I made mine a little to thick so when they cooled they were a little too hard.  Now that I have the cookie recipe, I need to get a frosting recipe for these that works.

I know that I haven’t been posting for the last week and that was because I caught a cold and it made it very hard to write.  I will probably only do a few more Christmas post because of this.

Thank you for reading everyone!  Tell me what you think of the recipe in the comments down below.  If you want to get updates for my blog follow me on my social media site to get updates.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment