Monday, January 11, 2016

The Black Mirror Review


Today I'm going to review the game Black Mirror.  This game came out in 2003 and was also remastered for newer computers, so let’s see how this goes.

Black Mirror is the name of the ancestral manor of the Gordon family located in England. Samuel Gordon is forced to return there after 12 years absence following the death of his grandfather, William Gordon. Despite occurring under mysterious circumstances, William's death is considered a suicide by everyone except for Samuel. Plagued by sudden nightmares and excruciating headaches, Samuel is determined to find the true causes of his grandfather's death.


This game is split into six chapters and you have to complete specific tasks to move on in the game.  You also must complete the tasks in a specific order; this made me replay a bit of the game because I missed a step.  The graphics in the game weren't really that great. The characters were a little fuzzy, but you can still see some definition in them.  The background images have really good detail and looks somewhat realistic.

The voice acting wasn't all that great.  It sounded as if the character Samuel was only reading his lines very slowly with big pauses in between, making it sound not very realistic.  There was also one thing that did not help, if you don’t save your game and you accidently kill Samuel and you haven’t saved for a long period of time then you lose all the work you did in the game.  That happened to me and I had to start from where I lasted saved, sadly.

The over all the game is still pretty good.  It's a very slow and tricky game to play, but it's still enjoyable.  I also had to cheat playing this game because there were a few things I kept forgetting.  This game then leads into two more game Black Mirror II and Black Mirror III.  I have all ready played the second game and will have a review out for that shortly.

Thanks for reading everyone.  If you have any suggestions on what I should review next, tell me what you think of it down below.  And don’t forget to follow me for updates.

Until next time,



No comments:

Post a Comment